Thursday, 6 June 2013

Melt Banana - Peel Sessions 1999-2003



Complete BBC recordings by Melt Banana to get you firing on all cylinders in time for the weekend. All excellent quality audio, with the live set from Brighton sounding partcularly vibrant - as you'd expect from a recording made on a good old fashioned Sony tape deck!


Curiously, this session isn't listed on the Keeping It Peel site.
 Track list details unavailable.
File split into three parts.


Peel 3/10/2001
Transmitted live to air at Maida Vale 3 in front of a small studio audience.
Track list details unavailable.
File split into three parts.


Transmitted live to air. Peel sounds husky-voiced during the outro.
File split into four parts.

SET LIST

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for these! I have other versions of these recordings but these sound a little better!

    Setlists for the 1999- and 2001-sessions can be found on my blog here http://melt-banana-retrospective.blogspot.de/ (if you click on "june").

    I have a question: Is there a way I could get this music in lossless format? I'd be very happy to trade for other live Melty-stuff. If so it would be great if you could drop me an email at the address I list at the bottom of that Melt-Banana blog.

    I'm a huge fan, amazing stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link to the track lists and a great blog.

      Delete
  2. I got all excited, and then... .wma? [Sigh] back to google....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like good old fashioned vinyl, nothing wrong with wma, my friend. In fact, is there any real difference 'tween mp3 and wma, other than it won't play on ipod/pad.

      You could always try an online mp3 converter. I've used this one with no problems:

      http://audio.online-convert.com/convert-to-mp3

      Delete